Young man surprised to find his father on dating app Grindr

A young man expresses his shock at finding his ‘homophobic’ married father on Grindr – years after an older man ‘disowned’ him for claiming to be gay.

Speaking to Kyle and Jackie O, the man known only as Jacob said that one day he clicked on his father’s headless profile while he was browsing the popular hook-up app.

He didn’t recognize his father’s body from the pictures, but couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something all too familiar about him.

‘They have one of the en suite bathrooms that goes through the walk-in closet – I think it looks like my parents’ house,’ she said.

A man has told Kyle and Jackie O about finding his father on Grindr - even though the man is still married to his mother

A man has told Kyle and Jackie O about finding his father on Grindr – even though the man is still married to his mother

“I clicked on the profile to see if it was my dad,” he said.

The young man went on to explain that his parents seemed as happy as ever, and had been together for 27 years.

“I’ve never seen any sign of a rift between them,” he said.

So he decided to engage with the profile, to see if it was really his father, a fake profile, or someone with a very similar home.

“I wasn’t teasing him, I was just engaging in normal conversation, telling him I liked his photo and asking him where he was from,” she said.

“Then I asked for a photo of his face – when he sent it, it was my father,” she said.

Jacob is now confused about what he should do and says he feels for his mother.

“I’m very open and forward-thinking, I don’t care if he’s gay, I just don’t want him to lie to my mother,” he said.

Election

What should Jacob do?

  • Let’s just say he doesn’t know. 21 votes
  • Talk to his father! 70 votes
  • Talk to his mother. 17 votes
  • Talk to his parents! 22 votes
  • Call his father directly in the air! 12 votes

‘So now I’m confused, did I tell mom, did I have to face my dad,’ he asked the dumbfounded radio host.

Jackie O said he would ‘go away’ after seeing a familiar bedroom in the background.

“I want to hear his opinion and get his story,” Jacob said.

“I wonder why he hid it from me for so long.”

He also added that his father stopped talking to him for years when he found out he was gay.

“He was so against it when I came out – he hated me – he was furious and didn’t want anything to do with me in his life,” she said.

‘Older reclusive men are often homophobic,’ he adds.

Jacob said it took years for him and his father to get back on good terms.

“I just don’t want this to hurt my mom,” he said.

He then sought advice from listeners of the show who all agreed he needed to sit down and chat with his parents.

“You should discuss this with your parents, they should be aware,” said one man.

‘My partner went through the same thing, his father has six children, is a construction manager and appears to be happily married.

“Your dad would be happier if he could be honest about his true identity, and your mom deserves a chance to be happy too,” she said.

Others say he should speak to his father first – before chatting with his mother.

The man said he and his father both have anonymous Grindr profiles - like many users who only share photos of faces after connecting online.

The man said he and his father both have anonymous Grindr profiles – like many users who only share photos of faces after connecting online.

A third said his father did the same – but has managed to mend his relationship with his wife while being honest about his sexual identity.

‘I found a gay magazine in the back of his car and followed him after work where I found out what he was doing at night,’ he said.

“I spoke to my brother about it and we realized he had been doing it all our lives.

‘My parents are still together, we sit around chatting about it, we should all be able to feel proud of who we are after all,’ he added.

Jacob hesitates at the end of the segment, but tells Kyle that he won’t be calling his dad to go on air about it.

Jacob also has a headless profile on the app, and says many men choose to hide their faces from the app.

#Young #man #surprised #find #father #dating #app #Grindr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest