Thursday Scramble: Round 19

Here it is, last week of the regular season, are you in the final? Or are you just playing for pride now? Whatever the case, don’t give up! The next 5 weeks are when you can increase your rankings. There will be a lot of ghost ship teams out there right now with people who have given up and you can now slide past them and give yourself something to aim for next season by finishing as high as you can! Now, Let’s Scramble!!

#AskDunny

I’m giving it to you this week to see what you want me to cover because we’re so close to the end of the season. I’m sure you all will have some great questions and how right I am!

Dear Alex, whom most of us have contemplated at some stage! But unfortunately at this stage only two trades at a time. Good luck buddy and I hope you make it to the finals!!

Not enough games to predict this one Brodie, I was full when I said not to bring him at the start of the season! Realistically you should expect his points to drop when Grundy returns because he won’t have that number 1 bully role to himself and will find himself spending more time up front, so the points will decrease but by how much? Someone guessed!

Interesting Isaac. There’s an old saying that you have to “Risk for the Biscuits” and play a straight bat and bring in players common to the team above you won’t see you move up the rankings. You need some PODs. Now if the rest of your team has some PODs in them then you made a good trade here. I really like In that you have listed as Marshall should have a good run home if it’s true that Paddy Ryder will miss most of the rest of the year. The score must be good. And I like Steele who has been in good form since he returned from his injury period. So those two guys are great additions to your team. With Out, unfortunately our Pig Titch didn’t make an appearance and you’ll have to swap him because he didn’t get the role that earned him the muzzle! With Cameron, as I said above, I found his game difficult to predict but if Grundy returns he definitely can’t maintain that scoring level if he is pushed to second with more time to come.
So in summary, you need a few points of difference to climb into the top 100 from where you are, but you also don’t want to get too wild and these guys might not be in the team stack ahead of you considering Steele was traded out when he was injured and several coaches may not have a way to get it back.

Another great question, John! Every team with 30 green dots at this stage of the season is having an amazing year and has definitely been kissed! If you’re like most teams, you’re fighting for the bench. I like to have at least one heartbeat in each row to give me some protection. And the more DPP players you have on your bench (playing and not playing) the better. Why non-play you ask? Well it doesn’t matter if some don’t play because they are the ones that allow you to swing your best cover to another line. And that might mean that you’re swinging a premium for being placed on the field and having your weaker players move to another row on the bench. I’m sure you all understand this by now and are experts at it!

But if you can have a guy who will give you at least 50 on every row on your bench, then you are doing very well. That’s what I usually go for.

Good Millar Time! Player standards have most definitely increased in recent years and it really is a tribute to the level of players in the game as well as the quality content that comes from the likes of Traders and Selby every week. It’s getting harder and harder to finish the top and get close to the hat let alone the car! All I can say is I did my part for you this year mate and languished lower than I would have liked in AF.

I thought I’d leave this one to Calvin and Roy to rank the Smugness players! I have a hunch that the boss (aka Warnie) might fire me if I try to rank!!

DTT Live Talk!!

Loved seeing so many Legends on the Highway last night and meeting some of you I haven’t seen in a long time! And the best thing is that we can do it again tonight!

For those of you in Perth who can still get tickets to an unsold show, as Molly Meldrum put it, “Do yourself a favor” and meet Roy, Warnie and Calvin and burst out laughing. some beers with the boys.

The last round before the Finals!

I think I’ve been telling you over the last few weeks my thoughts on what you need to do to get to the final. But really as I mentioned in one of the answers above, you usually won’t move up your rankings or league ladder if you just match up with other people. So you might want to think a little to the left, use the Violence Scale, and bring in someone who is doing great over the next few weeks and that will really help increase your score and also allow you to go all the way to the finals!

If you’re locked into the finals and aren’t worried about rankings, you can use this week to double down on downgrades to make some big upgrades next week to really give yourself a solid shot at the finals. This can be risky as we don’t know what injuries you might deal with this weekend that would deliver a forced trade, but if you have two bench players who have made money and not playing, trade them for cheap basement rookies who play for not only making money. for you but also gives you a heart rate that you may not have. This is of course only a good strategy if you are solid with your position in your league and you have no other issues to deal with on the pitch.

Things to remember

  • Go for the Glory! Nobody remembers Second Place (unless you get cash for second) Make moves on your opponents
  • Use the Cal Hardness Scale! This is an important research tool as the number of games remaining is getting less and less
  • Use your trading strategically as I have mentioned above.

Hope everyone on Highway last night had a great time and as I said, looking forward to seeing more friends tonight! Good luck with the final round of the regular season and I’ll see you all next week as we head into the first week of the finals!!


#Thursday #Scramble

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest