The supermodel poses in a 34-year-old bikini from this photo. That reaction sparked a conversation

Paulina Porizkova, one of the highest-paid models in the world during the 1980s and 1990s, doesn’t let age get in the way of good bikini photos.

The 57-year-old supermodel regularly posts stunning bikini photos to her Instagram page, wowing followers with her supple physique and natural beauty.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Amazing new Victoria’s Secret model

For more Celebrity related news and videos, check out Celebrities >>

Porizkova was the face of Estee Lauder for many years and was married to Cars frontman Ric Ocasek from 1989 until his death 30 years later in 2019.

Paulina Porizkova in 1988. Credit: Ron Galella/Ron Galella Collection via Getty
Paulina Porizkova married Cars vocalist Ric Ocasek in 1989. Credit: Getty

This Czech-born woman is committed to aging naturally – and to proving that women can still be sexy and comfortable in their bodies as they age.

But while most of her posts received adoring comments, not everyone was a fan of her bikini photos, sparking a conversation about why people have a problem with looking at older women’s bodies.

Paulina Porizkova, 57, posted this photo from her vacation in Costa Rica on Monday. Credit: Instagram/Paulina Porizkova

In one of her posts, Porizkova gave an example of the message she received after posting a photo of herself in a bikini.

“You must be in so much pain to keep posting bikini pictures at your age,” the message began.

“I always thought that being old and ugly is the most difficult thing for beautiful people.

“The fall of grace goes much further when you are beautiful.

“Ugly people are always ugly, so getting old and ugly is not a change.

Paulina Porizkova in April 2022. Credit: Instagram/Paulina Porizkova
On the cover of Life Magazine in 1986. Credit: Instagram/Paulina Porizkova

“I pray you can accept your death.

“We all get old and ugly… you just have to fall from a higher height than the rest of us.”

Enraged, Porizkova was unwilling to let the attack pass without comment.

“I get comments like this every time I post a photo of my body,” wrote Porizkova.

“This is an age-shaming act that makes my teeth jittery.

“Older men are distinguished, older women are ugly.

“Those who believe that beauty equals beauty do not understand beauty.

“To feel beauty, you must be able to SEE.

“This is why I believe we become more beautiful as we age.

“We have got our beauty, we understand what it is, and we can see it much better.

“There is no such thing as ugly and old. Just petty and stupid.”

Paulina Porizkova hit back on ageism and body shaming. Credit: Instagram/Paulina Porizkova

Porizkova’s comments drew a barrage of support and expressions of anger at the malicious message.

“He said it was good! I think beauty is everywhere and we should be so lucky to look as good as you do,” one fan wrote.

“I said, ‘shame on the haters.’

“The older I get, I hug my body and still wear my bikini and I’m 58 and I really don’t care what other people think or say.”

In another post, Porizkova posed in underwear and high heels, writing about being ashamed of herself.

“Did you know that we are programmed, as humans, to compare ourselves to others?” he wrote.

“I am a 57 year old woman, starting my life again” (after her husband’s death).

“I always compare myself to other women my age.

“Shame tells me I wasn’t good enough.

“So my first instinct was to turn it around and embarrass the person I’ve embarrassed myself for.

“The antidote to shame, which is all inward and egocentric, is empathy.”

Again, the post was liked by many of his followers.

“You are really beautiful inside and out,” wrote one fan.

“We are very lucky that you share yourself transparently and sincerely.

“Thank you. Always. Every time.”

“You are an amazing role model for women of all ages,” wrote another.

“I am simultaneously amazed and inspiring my friend – go on, you know how to get past the restrictions and limitations that no one else has!”

For more celebrity content, visit 7Life on Facebook.

#supermodel #poses #34yearold #bikini #photo #reaction #sparked #conversation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest