'We talk about kids': Our best Blind Dating score EVER

Did we hear the wedding bells for teacher Tehlia and tiler Alex? Both say they can introduce their families to each other.

Alex, 29, says:

I got into Mt Lawley a bit early simply because it was difficult to find a parking space for my car. It’s a LandCruiser, like my baby. So I’m actually half an hour early. I went to Bar Rogue, just sat down and ordered a drink and waited for it.

I was facing the door, so everyone who walked in, I wondered if it was him.

When she comes in, she’s hot, so I’m happy. We introduce ourselves. He is easygoing, easy to talk to. Some people don’t, but he makes a good conversation.

Thought her date was 'hot': Alex.
Camera IconThought her date was ‘hot’: Alex. Credit: John Koh/Western Australia

When he first said he was Italian and Macedonian, it was pretty cool because my parents are Italian.

So we both have European backgrounds, so he understands family dynamics. He’s got what I call old school moral wog.

He is close to his family. When I sometimes take people home to meet family, they think we’re fighting but that’s how we talk.

We both don’t like spicy food. We both prefer dogs to cats. There’s only one thing. He likes Triple J, and I hate that radio station, so I gave him a little… about it. And it’s a good way to break the ice.

I’m not sure if he noticed but I have stooped eyes. I got tile glue in it once. It burns my retina. I had to go to the hospital and I couldn’t see for years. Finally got better, but still a bit hazy.

We ended up having some cocktails and nibbles and all that, which was great.

They ended up having to kick us out due to closing. We were the last there. It was right across the street from Queens, so we started there. I was driving, so I drove him home and I got a little kiss. So that’s cool.

It was an amazing night. It was much better than I thought it would be. We’ve been talking about going on another date next weekend. I’m very interested in him.

I told my parents that I had been framed because they followed him and they had nagged me for doing it, so they would kill me if they saw it in the paper and I didn’t tell them.

Verdict: 11/10

Tehlia, 27, says:

I got there and the bartender took me up the stairs to meet Alex and I first saw his smile and he seemed really friendly. Right away, I knew he was my type of guy. We had a couple of cocktails and we looked at the menu and laughed at not being able to read half of the food on the menu. He made a joke that because I am a teacher, I should be able to read beautiful words. But we took the plunge and the food was great. We got along very well. When he said he was Italian too I knew he would be easy to talk to and he made me laugh, which is always a good sign.

'He makes me laugh': Tehlia.
Camera Icon‘He makes me laugh’: Tehlia. Credit: John Koh/Western Australia

We have a lot in common and chat about how our families and upbringing are very similar and we want the same things in life.

We even talked about children. I asked all the questions. He’s very cold. He was like, “I want three boys. How much do you want? Are you willing to take time off work or should I be a stay-at-home dad?”

I was like, “I don’t stay home full time.” He was like, “Yeah, that’s okay. Will you do my paperwork? Because I need someone to help run this business.”

I think I can take it home to meet the family because I mentioned that my dad and I have a password if the date is really bad and Alex was like, “Use your password. Take your dad with you. I would love to meet him.”

Obviously he’s a tiler and I’m building a house, so that’s great.

I didn’t work the next day and neither did he, so I was like, “Perfect, we’ll keep going.” He didn’t let me take the Uber home. But he lives otherwise. He drove me all the way home and then I think it was about a 35 minute drive back to his house. He texted me, actually, and said, “I don’t mind paying for the fuel because you’re worth it.”

We already have other dates planned. Alex manages it, which I love because I hate when I have to set it up.

Verdict: 10/10

#talk #kids #Blind #Dating #score

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest