Stunned man after adoptive friend home leads to 'embarrassing' request: 'Breaks my mind'

A young man was at a loss for words after a friend tried to charge him $2.47 ($A3.57) for fuel after dropping him home.

Peter and his roommate, from New York City, took a ride home from a friend named “Julia”.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Woman charging a friend $2.47 for fuel

For more Lifestyle related news and videos check out Lifestyle >>

The next day, Peter receives a text from Julia saying she will send him a payment request for the trip.

“I need to charge you $2.47 for driving you home last night lmao (laughs),” the text from Julia read.

“Also is Venmo your roommate? Gas is very expensive hehe don’t blame me, blame Biden!!!!”

Peter said a friend tried to charge him $2.47 for fuel after dropping him home. Credit: peterpribylpierdinock/TikTok

Venmo, which is owned by PayPal, is an American mobile payment service that allows users to send and receive money quickly.

In a TikTok video, Peter says: “Friends of friends are getting too bold.

“Apparently Biden drove us home last night?”

The clip has been viewed more than two million times – with many saying they were taken aback by the woman’s “embarrassing” gesture.

“If he offers, it’s wild. If he doesn’t and feels compelled, he sadly needs better boundaries because it’s a shame,” one person wrote.

Embarrassing

Another said: “My life can count on that $2.47 and I’m still too embarrassed to actually ask someone to return that amount.”

One suggested: “People don’t type that and feel embarrassed before sending? Just blew my mind. ”

Another added: “I’m going to be kicked out for not paying my rent before I pull out Julia.”

While one said: “I don’t mind paying for gas because I know how expensive it is, but always let me know before the trip.”

Blame Biden?

Many are confused about the woman blaming US president Joe Biden for his bizarre payment requests.

“Gas is so expensive… Somehow it’s Biden’s fault that gas worldwide is expensive,” one person wrote.

Another said: “I am very confused. Biden driving you home? How did it happen?”

While one asked: “Blame Biden? Who are you hanging out with?”

Amber Nelson said she ‘ate several servings’ of pasta, only to receive a payment request. Credit: Amber Nelson

Others shared similar stories about their awkward encounters.

“Nothing surprises me anymore after a coworker sent me a Venmo request for 85 cents after he bought me bananas before work,” one person wrote.

While another added: “A girl did this to me in cheering camp. I owed him $3 for ice cream and he asked me three times before we even got back to our room where my wallet was.

Earlier this year, Amber Nelson, from Los Angeles, was stunned after a friend invited her to dinner at her house before charging $20 for the meal.

Strange

He said he “ate several servings” of homemade pasta, only to receive a payment request hours after he left a friend’s house.

“Invited over to someone’s place for dinner and they charged me for it . . . this is weird, isn’t it?” wrote the podcast host on Twitter.

“This makes me unwilling to accept future offerings.”

Amber said she brought a bottle of cheap wine to enjoy with their penne alla vodka before the host casually mentioned the $20 fee.

He was dumbfounded after his friend charged him $20 for a home-cooked meal. Credit: Amber Nelson

It wasn’t until he left that his friend sent him a Venmo payment request for dinner.

“Penne Alla Vodka. Ate a few servings and they asked me for $20, ”said Amber.

“I just paid and haven’t spoken since.”

He said he decided to share the story on social media after he “got kind of pissed about it… for no reason”.

“It’s kind of funny in retrospect,” he added, laughing.

For more interesting Lifestyle content, visit 7Life on Facebook

#Stunned #man #adoptive #friend #home #leads #embarrassing #request #Breaks #mind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest