Sometimes you just want to read a pure love story. It's Ivy and Yoey's - ABC Everyday

The love that Ivy McGowan and Yoey Maxwell have is a rare breed.

In the five years since they met by chance at a whimsical picnic in Naarm/Melbourne on Ivy’s 22nd birthday, it’s grown into something they both thought they only dared to dream of.

We asked them to share their stories with us.

What are your first impressions of each other?

Ivy: Looking back, it feels like things slowed down when I met Yoey. I remember feeling calm the first time we spoke.

They spoke to me as if I was the only person that mattered at the time even though there was so much else going on that day.

Yo: One of my first thoughts was, “Ooh, he’s a hugger!” Because Ivy gave me a big one when we met and I’m not exactly a cuddler, but it was really nice.

Then I remember thinking he was quiet and shy at the same time very warm and friendly.

When we spoke, he didn’t reveal much about himself, which gave me the impression that he was focused on making other people feel welcome and safe. I relate to that — trying to make people comfortable and asking people lots of questions.

It made me want to know more about him.

Posted , updated

#read #pure #love #story #Ivy #Yoeys #ABC #Everyday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest