Rugby News: Wallaby prop replaced for Argentina Test, Eddie's dream job revealed, challenge call on TRC red card

England rugby union coach Eddie Jones says his dream job is coaching the South Sydney Rabbitohs but admits he has little chance of landing a show in the NRL.

Jones remained in Australia after leading the tourists to a 2-1 draw over the Wallabies, spending time at Melbourne Storm, Melbourne AFL club and Penrith Panthers, where he discussed his interest in the league.

“I love this game,” Jones said during his visit to Penrith.

“If the opportunity was there (in the NRL) I would, but the reality is it probably won’t be there.”

Asked about Rabbitoh, Jones replied: “It would be a dream team. It would be a dream.

“Since the age of five, I have supported Souths. It would be great (to train the Rabbitoh).”

If he was offered the job, he would take a “100 percent, yes.” The incumbent coach is Jason Demetriou.

Jones has been linked with a potential return to Australian rugby after next year’s World Cup, when his contract expires with England. He has been busy looking for facts since England’s series win.

Roar experts Brett McKay, Harry Jones and Geoff Parkes talk about TRC on this week’s issue of The Roar Rugby Podcast

“I wanted to go out to Penrith to see what they’re doing well and what we can learn from it,” Jones said.

“The principles of coaching have never changed. Obviously, the game is different, but learn about the principles.
“You can always learn in a different way and a better way of doing things. That’s why we’re here. ”

After the third Test Jones followed Storm coach Craig Bellamy, who had spent time with Jones in England.

“The Melbourne Storm are the toughest team I’ve ever seen, so we can always learn from them,” said Jones.

“So it’s great for us that we can spend this week there and really try to improve our coaching because we want to get better as coaches.

“We ask the players to always get better so we need to be role models so we will have a good week there.”

Sio out of Argentina Test, Arnold ready to slide

West Force prop Tom Robertson has been called up to the Wallabies camp with Scott Sio ruled out of the two Tests in Argentina.

Sio failed to recover from the shoulder injury he sustained in the second Test in Brisbane earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Rory Arnold says he has overcome the calf injury he sustained after finishing the France season and will be fit for the first game on August 7 AEST.

“I’ve been on vacation since then and I just did a little extra and felt a bit of tension in the calf so last week I did rehab and he’s recovered now, very good to go,” Arnold said on Thursday.

Arnold competed with Matt Philip, Nick Frost, Jed Holloway, Darcy Swain and Rob Leota for key positions.

“After the England draw they will be fit and ready to play and I may be a few steps behind them but I am confident in my abilities and I will be back in no time,” he said. .

Having played with European heavyweight Toulouse since 2019, Arnold hopes his experience will make a difference for the Wallabies.

“I have a bit of experience now and I’ve played in some big games overseas,” said 208cm Arnold.

“I’m just going to try to bring that kind of calm, and we’ll see how it goes.”

Hansen’s attack on NZR

World Cup-winning coach Steve Hansen is clearly fed up with the state of play in Kiwiland, accusing New Zealand Rugby of letting relations with the players hit an all-time low.

Hansen responded to weeks of criticism of players and coach Ian Foster during a NZ radio interview on Thursday.

“They have gone out and aired all their dirty laundry at the front of the property rather than the back,” Hansen said of a recent review of Foster and former Black Ferns coach Glenn Moore.

“So their job is to run it with power and leadership but in a way you will look after the people who work for you.

“Otherwise you will end up with the high staff turnover I think they are going through at the moment.

“The relationship between the board and the executives and players right now is probably the worst ever.”

Hansen said the relationship had been strained for several years.

“The way they handled the new money scheme….[former chairman] Brent Impey came out and actually grilled the players without consulting,” Hansen said, referring to the decision to bring PE firm Silver Lake on board.

“I don’t think they’re doing their job right at the moment. You have a group of eight All Blacks captains come out and form a group and go and talk to them, and ‘Kirky’ [David Kirk] was in the papers a few days ago saying they don’t feel heard.

“So let’s start from there and fix it. If you look back on when we were really successful from around 2010 to 2019, which was our most successful era, the board and executives at rugby union hummed.

“There is complete togetherness and connection with the real All Blacks team.”

TRC defends with 20 minutes red

SANZAAR have confirmed it will continue with a 20-minute red card during the Rugby Championship, despite clear opposition from World Rugby.

The north vs south series was recently played under a law that a red card means a team loses a player during the game – as was the case with Darcy Swain in Perth.

But SANZAAR said it would continue legal trials being conducted across Super Rugby competitions in 2020, 2021 and 2022 and The Rugby Championship in 2021.

SANZAAR CEO Brendan Morris said in a statement: “This is a great decision for The Rugby Championship and follows its implementation in Super Rugby. All of SANZAAR’s national trade unions – Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – are wholly behind the extension of the red card legal pathway. As a group, we firmly believe that the integrity of international matches is very important and as far as possible the match should be a fifteen-to-fifteen match.”

“In the context of the laws of the game, SANZAAR believes that the 20-minute Red Card allows significant deterrence against the act of willful misconduct, while also protecting the fifteen-to-fifteen contest, which is what unions, broadcasters and fans are telling us. us that it’s important.”

“SANZAAR stands alongside World Rugby’s important work in managing cheating and player well-being and will undertake a formal research project over the TRC 2022 period with all comparative findings to share with World Rugby at the end of the season. The aim is to gather the necessary information that will allow a 20-minute red card trial to be accepted into the full statute of future games.”

Foketi commends for Aus A . impact

Waratah Center Lalakai Foketi praised the impact of the Australia A tour after winning a recall to the Wallabies squad ahead of the Rugby Championship.

Foketi will return to the Test arena due to the absence of Samu Kerevi at the Commonwealth Games. The Kerevi will miss the series’ opening two games, in Argentina later this month.

Foketi impressed during Australia A’s three games at the Pacific Nations Cup in Fiji earlier this month and said it helped prepare him to step up if needed.

“You look at the teams we played – Fiji, Tonga and Samoa, especially that Fijian team – it’s a big step back to playing club footy, so if you switch from that competition to the Argentine series and The Rugby Championship I think you’re going to take a lot. confidence from that,” Foketi told reporters.

: Lalakai Foketi poses during a portrait session of the Australian Wallabies cast at Event Cinemas Coomera on June 23, 2021 on the Gold Coast, Australia.  (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images for Australian Rugby)

(Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images for Australian Rugby)

“I really did, playing against those teams. This is a big step. I think I’ll be ready.

“Going into the Aus A campaign, I didn’t know what to expect. But once we got there, it was the same environment as here. You are basically playing for Australia. The competition was massive. It’s a great setup and great competition, and Aus A must continue.”

‘Smack in the face’ Manly

Rugby Sevens star Sharni Williams has described news that Manly players had boycotted a game over the club’s decision to wear the pride shirt as a “blow in the face”.

Williams, who wore a rainbow head scarf at the Tokyo Olympics, told the Sydney Morning Herald that she felt obligated to comment on Manly’s situation.

“It’s definitely a tough position for me,” Williams said. “I look and I have a responsibility, but at the same time I have a job here to be at the Commonwealth Games, to be with my teammates.

“It’s a bit of a punch in the face but I was expecting it too. We’ve been working for so long. I respect those haters and I understand them but at the same time I respect my views and I stand there around people knowing there is someone else out there for them.

“Rainbow headgear is very important to me. This is the visibility section for me and my community. Finally feeling good about myself, [which] very large. I can share my story helping others to know who they are and what stories they have.

“This is part of communication and education. If you communicate early about wearing it, everything can be sorted.

“If one of those girls [in my team] didn’t want to wear it, I’d be like, ‘Well, I understand that’s your view and opinion but it hurts’.

Williams said he wanted to add some context to his views.

“Growing up in a country town feeling isolated, feeling like I didn’t belong, being told some disgusting things by men, people making fun of me before I even felt comfortable being myself… I was brought up pretty hard,” she said. . “But I am proud of who I am now.

“I always thought I should marry a man. I thought I should walk down the aisle to a guy but as soon as I knew it didn’t have to happen, as soon as the yes sound happened, it was like, ‘Ahhh, there’s some relief’. Now I can start being who I want to be.

“We need people to be out there and be our allies and defend us. Love is love and it is the most powerful thing on earth. We don’t live long on earth, so if you’re battling anxiety and disappointment and don’t know who you are, you can’t be better for others around you or the world.”


#Rugby #News #Wallaby #prop #replaced #Argentina #Test #Eddies #dream #job #revealed #challenge #call #TRC #red #card

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest