Mother's confession of Nick Kyrgios after Wimbledon

Nick Kyrgios' mother, Nill, pictured here admits she never watches his games again.

Nick Kyrgios’ mother, Nill, admitted that she never watched his games again. Image: Channel 9/Getty

Nick Kyrgios mother has opened up about what it’s like sitting in his player box and revealed why he never gets to watch his games – even when he’s not there.

Speaking to the Today Show on Tuesday morning after his son’s incredible run to the Wimbledon final, Nill Kyrgios said he didn’t even watch Nick’s clash with Novak Djokovic because he was too nervous.

WOW: Fans explode over photo of Rafa Nadal after Wimbledon draw

‘SAD DAY’: Roger Federer suffers a brutal first 25 years in absence

“I didn’t actually watch the game,” he told Nine Network. “I haven’t watched any of his games.

“I slept really well… I actually watched him go out onto the pitch. I love that, you know, watching him walk through Wimbledon, just that atmosphere. I love watching him walk out onto the pitch and just watch the reactions of the crowd.

“I watched it until I thought when they started warming up and I said, ‘Good luck’ and I went to bed.”

Kyrgios serves of Australian great Rennae Stubbs during the final after she berated her group for their lack of encouragement.

“Say something!” he shouted at one point. “It’s 0-40. Oh Lord! It’s 0-40!”

Stubbs tweeted: “Honestly, the behavior of shouting at your box because they’re not doing what you want, is actually pretty ridiculous.

“THEY CAN’T READ YOUR MIND! Yes, this is his way of dealing with pressure, I understand, but this is constant harassment of people who love you, it’s a shame.”

Discussing what it was like to sit in his son’s box during a game, Nill said teasingly: “You don’t want to be in his box.

“You really don’t, because you really don’t know when to stand up and when to clap and when to scream.

“We’ve been there, and it wasn’t a good experience.”

Giorgos and Halimah Kyrgios, pictured here watching Nick in the Wimbledon final against Novak Djokovic.

Giorgos and Halimah Kyrgios watched Nick in the Wimbledon final against Novak Djokovic. (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

Nick Kyrgios’ brother reveals the reason for the explosion

Kyrgios’ father Giorgos and sister Halimah sat in his box for two weeks at Wimbledon, along with Costeen Hatzi’s boyfriend.

But Nill chose to stay at home in Australia with Kyrgios’ brother Christos.

“He wouldn’t be our Nick if he wasn’t on fire during the game, and that’s how he plays, that’s how he bounces back,” Christos said.

“He tries to increase his intensity and whatever else and that’s how he does it, and that’s what we know from him. The fight was there the whole game, the match was incredible.

“You need a pressure valve, right? And the pressure valve for him was, ‘Look, these guys love me, I’m not saying anything to offend or abuse them but I just need to release some of that pressure, bend that pressure a bit so I can get it. refocus on what I’m doing’.

“We’ve told him many times, ‘If you need to, if it helps you in that moment, if it helps you deal with adversity and pressure, give it some of ours. We’re not going anywhere. We’re here for you, if that makes it easy for you’.”

Christos and Nill Kyrgios, pictured here at home in Canberra in 2014.

Christos and Nill Kyrgios at home in Canberra in 2014. (Photo by Jay Cronan/Fairfax Media via Getty Images).

Talk to Sydney Morning Herald Last week, Nill shared the anxiety he felt when he saw Nick play.

“I haven’t seen him play for a while, actually,” he said.

“I couldn’t expose myself to that anxiety. I had a very strange panic. Over the years, I’ve been through a lot.

“It really got to the stage where I was looking for help. I saw a psychologist for six months. I’m not in a good place. My anxiety level watching Nick is very high.”

Nill was also battling problems with her kidneys and was booked for surgery to receive one from her husband.

Click here to sign up for our newsletter for all the latest and greatest news from Australia and around the world.

#Mothers #confession #Nick #Kyrgios #Wimbledon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest