'I love coaching': Kimmorley wants to be part of the Tim's Tiger revolution

Wests Tigers interim coach Brett Kimmorley heading into his fifth game at the helm is still looking for a win but regardless of how the rest of 2022 plays out, he says he wants to stay involved when Tim Sheens takes over next year.

Giving up the job mid-season after Michael Maguire was sacked, Kimmorley had overseen defeats to the Sea Eagles, Bulldogs, Warriors and Eels but with Adam Doueihi moving to his preferred five-eighth and Jackson Hastings to lock in there is reason to be optimistic on Sunday against a Penrith side who lost its original star.

The club announced on Thursday that 2005 premier league winning coach Sheens will take over as head coach in 2023, with former major championship-winning playmakers Marshall and Robbie Farah at his side, leaving Kimmorley with eight weeks left to keep the Tigers from bottom of the table. ladder.

Sheens will take over the head coach role over the next two years, with Marshall then taking over in 2025 for at least the next three seasons.

“Coaching anything is something I’m passionate about in the future, I love coaching, the more professional you are the busier you are and the more time you spend getting it right but I enjoy training,” Kimmorley said. this Saturday.

I love this game and I will continue to train and I will continue to want to be around this great organization and see where it takes me.


Brett Kimmorley

“I didn’t have a team at the start of the year and then I became a women’s coach and then the head coach of the NRL.

“Fun, challenging, rewarding but I love the game and I will continue to train and I will continue to want to be around this great organization and see where it takes me.

“My job is to stay for the 12 weeks I’ve been appointed interim head coach and I’m going to make the club as good as I think I can make it in the 12 weeks I’m here.

“I will make sure that on November 1 the club is in a better position than when I was given the opportunity to coach.”

Marshall will assist the Sheens for two seasons before taking over from 2025
Marshall will assist the Sheens for two seasons before taking over from 2025
©NRL Photo

Sheens, 71, is the longest-serving and most successful coach in the joint venture’s history, having won nearly 49 percent of the 250 games he coached over the previous decade from 2003 to 2012.

He also led Canberra to titles in 1989, 1990 and 1994 before a stint with North Queensland and coached Australia for six seasons from 2009, including a 2013 World Cup victory in 2013.

His most recent coaching role was in England with Hull KR (2017-2019) and Widnes in 2020.

The Tigers had hoped to lure Penrith assistant Cameron Ciraldo to replace Maguire but after losing his services they turned to Sheens, who returned to the club this year as head of football.

Sheens celebrates the Wests Tigers Premier League in 2005
Sheens celebrates the Wests Tigers Premier League in 2005
©NRL Photo

Marshall, who retired after last season’s grand final with South Sydney, also returned to the Tigers this year to work with the club’s track, while Farrah is already working in a coaching capacity and has helped Kimmorley.

The former Kiwi superstar outlined his coaching ambitions earlier this week at NRL 360 as the Tigers finalized the appointment.

“The dream for me is to be the coach of the NRL and at the Wests Tigers that would be the ideal situation,” Marshall said on Tuesday night.

“Obviously it has been reported that Tim Sheens will get the job and mentor someone. If there was an opportunity for me to be mentored under him on the path to becoming a head coach, it is something I would definitely consider.

“I love the job I’m doing now, but it was an opportunity I will probably never get again – the chance to try and be a head coach.”

The combination of Sheens, along with Farah and Marshall, will see three of the most influential figures in the club’s history, who boast more than 1300 games of combined NRL playing and coaching experience, at the helm of the Wests Tigers.

“It’s about getting Wests Tigers DNA soaring across the club, and it’s about putting together a solid coaching plan for the next five years,” said Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe.

“This is a very clear path for this club and we are delighted Tim, Benji and Robbie are reunited for the next phase of our club’s growth.”

#love #coaching #Kimmorley #part #Tims #Tiger #revolution

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest