Kane Cornes dream team to rebuild North Melbourne football department and leadership

With North Melbourne’s move away from coach David Noble and the turmoil developing around the club, Kane Cornes has appointed his ‘dream team’ to step in and take over at Roos.

Across the entire football department, key club roles and even a leader on the pitch, this 300-game Port Adelaide great left no stone unturned in his hypothetical recruiting.

“Everything I listed was obtainable. You can throw Christian Petracca in there, but he can’t be picked up,” Cornes explained.

Check out the personnel Cornes has amassed to take control of Roos below.

Alastair Clarkson (head coach)

“Not surprisingly, Alastair Clarkson is at the top of the dream team. He’s the coach.”

Mark Williams (development and culture coach)

“He’s locked in the dream team. This is the first addition to my dream team. Get Mark Williams as development/culture at the club.

“He was my dream team’s first appointment in North Melbourne.

“He is the second most important signing here. He will revitalize the whole club and help develop the list of young players I have. He could mentor Jason Horne-Francis as he had with Dustin Martin in the past.

“He will be working with Clarkson, they worked together before in Port Adelaide in 2004. They know each other, they respect each other and they will work very well together.”

Josh Carr (assistant coach)

“I am very impressed with Josh Carr’s work in the Fremantle midfield. They are as good as any midfield in the competition. They had prioritized the youth there, they were not dependent on a single individual.

“I will take him as my midfield coach, with an eye on the senior role. It’s not an official succession plan, but I think if Carr can sit under Clarkson for a while I think he’s got the skills to become a senior coach.”

Trent Cotchin (assistant coach)

“I would like to have Trent Cotchin as assistant coach. These guys started their careers a bit cheaper but I also wanted him to get involved in the leadership program in North Melbourne and take over the leadership program and help out in that space, as well as share a role with the development space. .”

Justin Leppitsch (Strategy coach)

Dyson Heppell (Leader play)

“I think he has been asked to work hard at Essendon, a beleaguered club, I still think he has 30 or 40 games left in him. He can also help in the leadership room, so you save a little money there and pay it through the salary cap, not the soft limit.”

Sam Edmund added: “He cannot get a new contract at Essendon at the moment and rival clubs are sniffing out this exact contract.”

Stephen Wells (Head of recruitment and list management)

“He is the number one target you will have as a roster manager of this club and don’t say you can’t convince him to do it.

“What a challenge for him to do this. I think you can get him almost out of semi-retirement.

“He’s as impressive a footballer as you can ever meet, Stephen Wells. He will benefit greatly.”

Sam Edmund: “I don’t see Stephen Wells. I look at Melbourne and Jason Taylor, who is their national hiring manager.”

Gary Zimmerman (Doctor)

“I don’t think he will leave the Bulldogs, but this is a dream team. I love Dr Zimmerman and his work.”

Stuart Graham (high performance manager)

“Not many know this name but he is very much appreciated, took over from Darren Burgess in Port Adelaide and had him killed.”

Sonja Hood (President)

“The president will stay, Sonja Hood.”

Tom Harley (CEO)

“I’m really impressed with Tom Harley, so if you can get him.”

Luke Davies-Uniacke (Captain)

“I have a new captain, Luke Davies-Uniacke.”

#Kane #Cornes #dream #team #rebuild #North #Melbourne #football #department #leadership

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest