Jackie 'O' Henderson recalls awkward encounter with Michael Caton from The Castle

Radio presenter Jackie ‘O’ Henderson recalled his awkward encounter with Australian actor Michael Caton.

He spoke of his ‘bad experience’ with Caton, who is best known for starring in the beloved Aussie film The Castle, on The Kyle and Jackie O Show on Thursday.

Her name popped up during the daily celebrity birthday segment when her co-host Kyle Sandilands noted Caton had just turned 79.

Radio presenter Jackie ‘O’ Henderson (left) recalls his awkward encounter with Australian actor Michael Caton (right) at The Kyle and Jackie O Show on Thursday

Henderson, 47, admitted he felt uncomfortable congratulating the Packed to the Rafters star after he met him more than 20 years ago.

The alleged incident took place at a party after the Australian People’s Choice Awards in the late 90s when Henderson was still married to first husband ‘Ugly Phil’ O’Neil.

‘We love The Castle. At the after party, Phil went and bought a bottle of red wine and brought it to Michael Caton,’ Jackie recounted.

‘He said, ‘Man, I just love you and what you do, and I want to give you this bottle of wine.’ [Caton] said, “No, thank you.” So Phil just walked back with a bottle of wine.’

‘I think he actually said worse than that, if I’m honest. A polite way of saying, “Go,”‘ Jackie added.

He spoke of his 'bad experience' with Caton, who is best known for starring in the beloved Aussie film The Castle (pictured), after his co-host Kyle Sandilands noted he had just turned 79.

He spoke of his ‘bad experience’ with Caton, who is best known for starring in the beloved Aussie film The Castle (pictured), after his co-host Kyle Sandilands noted he had just turned 79.

Henderson said O’Neil came back with a sad face, and told him: ‘Oh wow… that’s embarrassing.’

He then warned his audience: ‘It is very difficult to approach a celebrity you love, because you are nervous and you expect them to be nice to you.

‘You hear horror stories… not all of them are beautiful.’

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Caton management for comment.

The alleged incident took place at a party after the Australian People's Choice Awards in the late 90s when Henderson was still married to first husband 'Ugly Phil' O'Neil.  (Photo: Henderson and O'Neil with Michael Jackson impersonators in the late '90s)

The alleged incident took place at a party after the Australian People’s Choice Awards in the late 90s when Henderson was still married to first husband ‘Ugly Phil’ O’Neil. (Photo: Henderson and O’Neil with Michael Jackson impersonators in the late ’90s)

Henderson relates: 'At the after party Phil went and bought a bottle of red wine and brought it to Michael Caton.  He says,

Henderson relates: ‘At the after party Phil went and bought a bottle of red wine and brought it to Michael Caton. He said, “Guys, I just love you and what you do, and I want to give you this bottle of wine.” [Caton] said, “No, thank you.” So Phil just came back with a bottle of wine’

He warns listeners, 'It's very difficult to approach a celebrity you love, because you're nervous and you expect them to be nice to you.  You hear horror stories... not all of them are beautiful.'  (Caton photographed at the AACTA International Awards in LA on January 29, 2016)

He warns listeners, ‘It’s very difficult to approach a celebrity you love, because you’re nervous and you expect them to be nice to you. You hear horror stories… not all of them are beautiful.’ (Caton photographed at the AACTA International Awards in LA on January 29, 2016)

Earlier this week, Henderson recalled the stomach-churning moment Hollywood actor Anthony Anderson farted in the face while he was shooting a film in Australia.

He described the odd incident on Monday’s show following a discussion about Miriam Margolyes, who recently claimed Arnold Schwarzenegger passed the wind in his face while they were filming together.

“I’ve had it, an actor farted in my face, and I’ll never forget it,” he said in response to Margolyes’ smelly encounter.

Earlier this week, Henderson recalled the stomach-churning moment Hollywood actor Anthony Anderson farted in the face while he was shooting a film in Australia.

Earlier this week, Henderson recalled the stomach-churning moment Hollywood actor Anthony Anderson farted in the face while he was shooting a film in Australia.

‘Anthony Anderson. He is a great American comedian who is in [2003 film] Kangaroo Jack; they are shooting here [in Australia],’ he added.

‘He came in for an interview, and he really just, like, came up to me, put his ass in my face, bent down, and let out a massive fart.’

Sandilands insisted that Anderson’s antics weren’t completely out of place at the time, as the rules of social etiquette were different.

'[Anderson] came in for an interview, and he literally, like, came up to me, put his ass in my face, bent down, and let out a big fart,' Jackie said of the alleged 2003 incident.

‘[Anderson] came in for an interview, and he literally, like, came up to me, put his ass in my face, bent down, and let out a big fart,’ Jackie said of the alleged 2003 incident.

‘I think people think they can come here and do anything,’ Henderson admits.

This isn’t the first time Anderson has made headlines for flatulence at work.

Back in 2016, The Shield star was revealed in Late Night with Seth Meyers that he once broke the wind during a Law and Order record.

Kyle Sandilands (left) insists that Anderson's antics weren't completely out of place at the time, because the rules of social etiquette were different.  (Photo: Sandilands and Henderson in Sydney on 20 November 2007)

Kyle Sandilands (left) insists that Anderson’s antics weren’t completely out of place at the time, because the rules of social etiquette were different. (Photo: Sandilands and Henderson in Sydney on 20 November 2007)

“I don’t know what I ate for lunch that day, but I had guts. I held it in for this five-minute scene, and when I left the room, I left something in the room,” he recalls.

Henderson’s story comes days after Harry Potter star Margolyes made a similar statement about an incident on set with Schwarzenegger while they were filming End of Days in 1999.

‘Schwarzenegger, don’t care about him. He’s too full of himself,” Miriam said on the I’ve Got News For You podcast earlier this week.

Henderson's story comes days after Harry Potter star Miriam Margolyes (pictured in November 2021) made a similar statement about an incident on set with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1999.

Henderson’s story comes days after Harry Potter star Miriam Margolyes (pictured in November 2021) made a similar statement about an incident on set with Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1999.

‘He’s actually quite rude. He farted in my face. Now, I fart, of course, but I don’t fart in front of people. He did it on purpose, right in front of my face.’

Margolyes said the incident occurred while the couple were filming in Los Angeles.

‘I’m playing as Satan’s sister and [his character] killed me, so he put me in a position where I couldn’t escape, lying on the floor. And he just farted,’ he said.

“It wasn’t in the film, it was in one of the breaks, but I haven’t forgiven him for that.”

'He farted in my face.  Now, I fart, of course, but I don't fart in front of people.  He did it on purpose, right in front of me,' he says of Schwarzenegger (pictured in Seoul in October 2019)

‘He farted in my face. Now, I fart, of course, but I don’t fart in front of people. He did it on purpose, right in front of me,’ he says of Schwarzenegger (pictured in Seoul in October 2019)

#Jackie #Henderson #recalls #awkward #encounter #Michael #Caton #Castle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest