Grant Denyer announces debilitating 'struggle': 'Quite savage'

Popular Australian celebrity Grant Denyer has opened up about some of his personal struggles in an honest and candid Instagram post.

The 44-year-old TV presenter posted a photo of herself meditating, explaining that it helped her overcome her lack of self-acceptance.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Grant Denyer’s emotional moment on Dancing With The Stars

For more Celebrity related news and videos, check out Celebrities >>

“I’m no expert on this, but I’m always open to new ideas on how to feel/do better. Or even old fashioned for that matter,” the candid post began.

“Meditation is not easy for me, but it certainly makes me calmer.

“I really suffer from a muddled mind that makes a lot of noise.

“My self-talk can get very savage, I blame myself, worry about the future, keep regretting the past and get stuck in fear.

“Fear of failure, fear of not being liked, not being good enough.

“Generally a busy mind makes it difficult for me to be present for the people around me.

“Sometimes it’s hard to enjoy the moment with all that mental breakdown.”

Denyer later described himself as a “work in progress” still grappling with acute perfectionism.

“With things like meditation or self-improvement I don’t aim for perfection, just progress,” he says.

“That’s enough.

“And I also often back off.

“This isn’t meant to be a sermon or a ‘look at how balanced I am’ – it’s a ‘I am handicapped, I have many weaknesses, I struggle.’

“And I hear you, if you do too.”

Grant Denyer and wife Chezzi. Credit: Instagram/Grant Denyer

The post attracted hundreds of likes and comments from fans and followers, including several fellow celebs.

“Absolutely loved this post and you,” wrote Chrissie Swan.

“Love this couple,” added comedian Dave Hughes.

One fan added: “Intuition tells me you are intelligent, caring, tenacious, generous and I personally love your posts.”

“Grant, you are always loved and always enough, you are a beautiful human being,” added another follower.

“You work on yourself and do the right thing, meditation is very calming. So proud of you.”

“Thanks for showing up and showing everyone your vulnerability,” said another.

“Like some of us, busy minds are almost impossible to calm down and neither are we the ones in the spotlight, so thank you.

“Keep doing what you are doing, you are amazing.”

Denyer has opened up about some of his emotional struggles in the past.

During the recent season Dance with the starswhich he won, he told the judge that he had spent his life “being a smiling television presenter who pretended everything was fine… That wasn’t real life.”

Grant broke down after his performance. Credit: Seven

“It’s okay to struggle,” he said, looking emotional after dancing to the song Don’t give up.

“It’s okay to get hurt.

“It’s okay to hit rock bottom because you can get out of it, you can get out of it with a little love and a little help, and that’s what happened to me.”

Grant was very emotional at the judges’ comments. Credit: Seven

He then said his appearance in Dance with the stars had become a “healing” process after a period of darkness in his life.

“I feel like a lot of healing was done tonight. Maybe that’s why it’s so emotional,” he told host Sonia Kruger.

“I know it’s just dance and dance may not be important, but it’s important to me and it’s important to me, and I feel like I can close that chapter with a little love and forgiveness.”

For more celebrity content, visit 7Life on Facebook.

#Grant #Denyer #announces #debilitating #struggle #savage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest