Former Australia's Got Talent star Jack Vidgen 'almost died of overdose'

He is a young teenager with an angelic face that melts hearts Australia Has Talent when he was only 14 years old.

With her cherub face and bright blonde hair, she quickly became the idol of the country.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: How Jack Vidgen’s ‘personal devil’ song was inspired

For more Celebrity related news and videos, check out Celebrities >>

But Jack Vidgen has revealed his dark battle with drug addiction, revealing he nearly died after a drug overdose last year.

Now 25, Vidgen told Carla from Bankstown’s OMG Bro podcast that he attended a Narcotics Anonymous meeting and was determined to remain drug and alcohol free.

“I have a history with substance abuse,” he said on Wednesday’s podcast.

“I think it must have come from trauma.”

Growing up in the public spotlight is definitely not easy.

After a stint at a Sydney rehabilitation facility in 2020, Vidgen was clean for about six months in 2021 before things started to spiral out of control again.

Jack Vidgen recently, and was featured on Australia’s Got Talent. Credit: Instagram/Jack Vidgen

“I basically overdosed and was very lucky I didn’t die,” he said.

“When I wrote my single Goodbye (in 2021), that’s when I decided not to get drunk.

“That was last year, and since then I was sober for about six months and then I started drinking again.

“And then it got a little busy again.

“I was never an alcoholic, but it always started (with alcohol) for me and it didn’t end there.

“Maybe not always, but the mess keeps piling up.”

Jack Vidgen. Credit: Instagram/Jack Vidgen

The singer says attending Narcotics Anonymous helps her stay disciplined and connects her with people going through the same thing.

“Just to have something I can go to … and hear people’s stories and share where you are, I find that very powerful,” he said.

“I know for now, I just need to wake up.

“I want clarity in my life. I want peace.

‘I want to live authentically and I just found that being sober from alcohol and everything else is what needs to happen at least now.

“This is a daily problem.”

Vidgen became famous when he won the fifth season Australia Has Talent in 2011.

He released two successful albums on the back of his AGT success and reached number 3 on the ARIA charts with the single Yes, right.

However he split from his record company, Sony, in 2014 and moved to Los Angeles for a year before returning to Sydney.

Vidgen then disappeared from the spotlight – until he reappeared in 2019 as a contestant Voice.

Since then he has released more music and appeared on I’m a Celebrity.. Get Me Out of Here! and Masked Singer.

She has been open about changing her appearance, admitting to various cosmetic procedures, including fillers and teeth whitening.

“I have a lot of filler,” he said.

“I don’t have lips.

“I used to try all kinds of things.

“Cheek fillers, jaw fillers, nose fillers, everything.”

In May she underwent another radical transformation – as Marilyn Monroe, to sing Happy birthday to a restaurant in a Sydney restaurant.

Posting a picture of her performance to Instagram, she joked: “Keep Kim K away from this dress,” referring to Kardashian wearing the famous dress Marilyn Monroe wears to sing. Happy Birthday Mr President to John F. Kennedy in 1962.

“So amazing,” wrote one fan about Marilyn Vidgen’s look.

“Just love you showing different sides of yourself.”

For more celebrity content, visit 7Life on Facebook.

#Australias #Talent #star #Jack #Vidgen #died #overdose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest