Big Brother winner confession as he reveals how he will spend his money this time

Reggie Bird was feeling very tired.

He just won Australian sister for the historic second time – the first person to do so in any version of the show – and has been conducting back-to-back interviews since around 5.30am.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Reggie wins Big Brother for the second time

For more TV-related news and videos, check out TV >>

But the signature chirping and down-to-earth quality that Australia loves so much hasn’t gone away, despite post-final fatigue.

“I’m starting to get to that point, you know, where do you get a little bit silly?”, the 48-year-old said. 7Entertainment.

No doubt he’s been asked the same question over and over again since shelling out $250,000 in Tuesday night’s live finals in Sydney, but he doesn’t seem to mind.

Reggie has won Big Brother for the second time. Credit: NIGEL WRIGHT/Seven

Gold coast-based mother-of-two first issued Older brother 19 years ago in the third season of the show.

Back then, the fish and chip shop owner from Tassie melted everyone’s heart with his salty personality.

And he’s still that person – only older, with a little more life experience and two children, Mia, 15, and son Lucas, 12, who have cystic fibrosis.

Reggie also revealed before going on the show that he has a condition called retinitis pigmentosa, which means he’s slowly going blind.

He currently only has nine degrees of central vision, having lost all his peripheral vision.

“I don’t have night vision,” he revealed before starting Older brother 2022.

“I could wake up tomorrow and (my vision) would be gone.”

Reggie’s vision impairment makes it on time Older brother harder – and physical challenges are much harder to win.

Reggie celebrates with his kids Lucas and Mia. Credit: NIGEL WRIGHT/Seven

“I wondered how I was going to get into the house (with visual impairment) but I didn’t realize how brutal the challenge was,” he said.

“But I gave everything and I don’t expect Big Brother to change anything just for me.

“I’m glad they abandoned every challenge like that, because it makes me a stronger person to compete with able-bodied people who do the same.

“I came in to represent people with disabilities and that was just to show, you can go out and try and you can do anything.

“I am very proud of myself for having tried it.”

Big Brother Australia 2022 finalists Taras, Reggie and Johnson. Credit: NIGEL WRIGHT/Seven

Reggie said he wished the time Older brother – and the win – will see more people with disabilities appear on reality TV.

“Putting someone in a disability reality show will hopefully open the door for other people to do the same,” he said.

“I learned a lot about myself doing Older brother again – doing all those challenges proved that I can do anything.

“They are honestly very tough. I was pretty hurt from the first week to the last! ”

For Reggie, the best thing about getting into the house again is getting a chance to soak up the BB vibes a second time.

“To walk back into that door again was the best feeling, it really was, and now I’ve made a lot of new friends again,” he said.

Reggie with his kids Lucas and Mia. Credit: NIGEL WRIGHT/Seven

“It’s difficult without the kids, but they also give me encouragement and motivation to keep going.

“I still can’t believe it; I can’t believe it’s happening again,” he said.

“It’ll sink in well once I get home, I guess.”

Big Brother’s ‘bomb’ brings Reggie to tears.

Big Brother’s ‘bomb’ brings Reggie to tears.

He planned to spend the million dollars he just won as a deposit for a new home.

The much-loved reality TV queen has been renting on the Gold Coast for the past 10 years and says she wants to give her children “a roof over their heads” and more financial security.

“It would be good to gain stability in our lives and have our own home,” he said.

“The kids are very happy and proud of me. Overwhelmed, too. ”

Reggie beat rookie finalists Johnson Ashak and Taras Hrubyj-Piper to claim his second crown.

He said the game had changed a lot since he first competed in 2003.

“It’s very strategic this time,” he said.

“There was all this ‘strat chat’ and strategic moves, and I was like, ‘I can’t do all this strat chat stuff!’

“I wanted to go in like myself and play my social game and I did that, but towards the end there I had to start thinking a little bit more (strategically).

“You are always turned on. I often pretend to be stupid and I don’t really know what I’m doing, but I do.

“Ha, fooled them all!

Reggie has won the 2022 Big Brother. Credit: Seven

“But you’ll sleep there at night and your brain won’t turn off, because you’re constantly thinking about who’s going to come for you.”

“And the physical challenges – man, they’re brutal.”

So, what’s next for Reggie?

There’s a book in the pipeline, as you’d expect after a historic victory, and he’s looking to pursue a career on TV or radio.

“Nineteen years on, I still get people coming to me wanting to chat,” he said.

“And now, for it to happen again, it’s really humbling.

“It’s unbelievable how much the Australian public loves me.

“Hopefully, I’ll get another TV show and they’ll see more of me!”

For more interesting entertainment content, visit 7Life on Facebook.

#Big #Brother #winner #confession #reveals #spend #money #time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest