How this 28-year-old man built his $38 million fortune

“I was like, yeah, this is it,” Hembrow said. “This is what I will do. my own boss. I want to start my own business.

“It was the only class that made sense to me. And then I actually dropped out of uni. I was like, ‘See you later, no need for this anymore.’ ”

It was while studying that she posted a photo of herself working out on Instagram, which was only about a few years old when she posted in 2012. Then, at 19, she got pregnant. He was told that his life was ruined.

‘So much influence’

Tammy Hembrow built her 10-year fitness empire from an initial $400 investment. Paul Harris

Hembrow had other ideas. She posted her pregnancy and fitness journey on Instagram and more followers flocked. He now makes millions every year by endorsing the brand on social media.

“I remember how I had 15,000 followers or something, which I thought was a big deal at the time because, like, there weren’t that many people on Instagram,” he said.

“I follow some women who have a million followers. And I just thought that was the craziest thing. And I’m like I’m going to get there. But I also look at them and wonder why they don’t do more with what they have. They have a huge audience and they have so much influence over these people. And I can’t really see them taking advantage of that or starting a business with it.”

One of the businesses she started marketing to her followers was her fitness app, Tammy Fit, which she started for just $400. It started as a PDF of the workout.

“My initial investment was about $400 which I spent with someone illustrating the exercises on a program I was creating,” he says.

“But then from that I just want to improve more and more. And finally came the Tammy Fit app.”

From the outside, everything looks easy: posting pictures of slim bodies while exercising; share exercise tips; get rich.

But behind the filter is an ambitious business builder. And things didn’t go smoothly, he told the podcast. “I ended up trusting some people I shouldn’t have,” Hembrow revealed. “I didn’t really know any better at the time, but I was taken advantage of and ended up wasting a lot of money, like hundreds of thousands of dollars.

“It was a supplier, someone we paid to do something for the app, and they took advantage of us.”

Consult with the experts

Tammy Hembrow: “I ended up trusting some people I shouldn’t have.” Paul Harris

He is now taking precautions. “A lot of people look at me and think this young blonde girl, like she doesn’t know anything,” he said.

“Unfortunately, what I learned from that was to really take precautions and check three times and two times.

“If you are not an expert at something, consult with someone, such as a third party who may be able to tell you that this person is taking advantage of you.”

He’s not the first influencer to go out with. Jessica Sepel, who is behind the vitamin and skincare group JS Health, revealed in the first season of How I Made It that she spent a lot of money when she was trying to start her business.

“We give money to people who are basically playing us. I had a bad experience where basically someone was leading us. I think in the end, it was $10,000 to $12,000 going to the toilet,” Sepel told the podcast.

Hembrow admits he had a first-mover advantage that helped propel his business. He gained a healthy following when the platform was still in its infancy. But that doesn’t mean people can’t emulate success if they start today – the trick is to try and stand out.

“I think time does help a lot. In my situation I got in there at a very good time. Instagram is so saturated right now. Many people are trying to do the same thing. Whereas when I started I couldn’t really see anyone doing what I was trying to do. And it was the perfect time. But that being said, you can still do it. You certainly can, it might be a little more difficult. ”

Listen to the podcast How I Made It

#28yearold #man #built #million #fortune

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keary opens up about battle concussion after 'nervous' return, revealing teammates preparing to rest